Throughout our history, we have learned that acting responsibly toward our stakeholders is fundamental to operating a productive, profitable business. It is for this reason that we embed environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles across our operations and pursue philanthropic initiatives that strengthen our foundations in the communities in which we do business. These efforts help us ensure that our business model is sustainable well into the future.
RECAP ESG Principles
Employee Well-Being: Meet or exceed all applicable labor laws and standards in jurisdictions where we operate, which includes respecting human rights, offering competitive wages and implementing nondiscriminatory, fully inclusive hiring practices.
- Health & Safety: Aim to have zero serious safety incidents within our businesses by working towards implementing consistent health and safety principles across the organization.
- Community Engagement: Engage with community groups that might be affected by our actions to ensure that their interests, safety and well-being are appropriately integrated into our decision-making.
- Philanthropy: Empower our employees to participate in — and use our resources to give back to — the communities in which we operate.
- Governance, Ethics and Fairness: Operate with high ethical standards by conducting business activities in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and with our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Transparency: Be accessible to our investors and stakeholders by being responsive to requests for information and timely in our communication.